- In a deep sauce pan with a lid, slowly heat your oil over a small/medium heat.
- In the meantime, combine the flour, turmeric, curry powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour in 5-6 Tbsp of plant milk and whisk until smooth.
- Place your breadcrumbs into a second bowl.
- Dip your tempeh pieces into the batter, then carefully lift it out with a fork, allowing for any access to drip off and place it into your breadcrumbs. Coat generously with the breadcrumbs
- Carefully transfer about 8 pieces to the hot oil and fry until crispy. Repeat with the rest of the pieces. To keep it warm, transfer the pieces to an oven on a low setting.
- Serve it hot alongside a delicious dip!
Note: You can also oven bake your Popcorn Bites, however these till not come out as crispy. Bake at 190C for 12-15 minutes or until crunchy.