Tiba Tempeh English Breakfast
- Tiba Tempeh Block 200g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin baked beans
- 2 large tomatoes, halved
- 200g small mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (or coconut amino)
- 1 avocado
- 9-12 small hash browns (3 per person)
- Chilli flakes to serve (optional)
For the bacon marinade
- 3 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
- Cut your Tiba Tempeh block into very thin slices length-wise. Whisk up the marinade and place both tempeh & marinade into a container and allow to soak for 30 minutes or for extra flavour overnight.
- Cook the hash browns according to their packaging instructions
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry your tempeh ‘bacon’ strips until golden & beginning to caramelise on both sides. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat the baked beans over medium heat, and fry the mushrooms in a separate pan until soft. Drizzle the mushrooms with soy sauce, then take them off the heat and set aside.
- Fry the tomato halves in the remaining juices until they start to brown.
- Assemble your tempeh fry up, season with salt, pepper & chilli flakes & enjoy!
Sign Up to the Tiba Tempeh Newsletter